There is a type of home out there for someone who wants to call the shots, someone who wants to build something from the ground up and be fully involved in the entire design process – custom homes. Building a custom home can be an exciting and rewarding experience. You have the opportunity to build a custom home that is uniquely yours – even a home that is “one of a kind.’
Certainly, beginning the process takes a leap of faith, but partnering with the right people is what makes the experience ultimately satisfying. Taking your ideas and turning them into a home takes time – usually 9 months to two years. There is also a certain amount of uncertainty and stress in a building something that has never been built before.
If you would like me to help you in this process, we believe we can save you time, money, and stress. Ultimately, you can end up with a better product, in a shorter amount of time. We also believe that when you build a custom home, it should be fun from beginning to end. We aim to keep it that way. As Realtors, we’re committed to helping you build and buy a custom home.
Most of our customers have found that our assistance is very valuable to them. They feel the time and money they save as well as the quality of home they create is much more valuable to them than the cost of our services. Some of our customers, however, do not need all of the services we offer – especially if they have plenty of time to devote to the project and have built a custom home before.
There are many different tasks associated with the design and construction of a custom home and we have developed a ‘Menu of Services’ that outlines how we can help you through the process. We encourage you to take a look at this menu to see how we may be able to assist you but keep in mind that this is just a template and we can tailor our service to your specific needs.
Menu of Services
1. Selecting the Right Home Site
- Identifying available areas, subdivisions and building lots
- Reviewing any HOA architectural guidelines to ensure your home will fit the standards
- Reviewing the purchase offer, contracts and disclosures
- Negotiating the offer
- Assisting with Financing Options
- Gathering due diligence information such as soils reports, zoning, covenants, title insurance, survey, and architectural control standards
- Managing the transaction, paperwork, and coordination through closing
2. Builder Selection
- Assist in identifying qualified home builders
- Reviewing their references
- Screening and interviewing
- Touring existing and under construction homes
- Providing construction timeline
- Finalizing your builder selection
3. Full Service – In addition to all of the above, we can:
- Assist you in the design of your new home
- Recommend home design layouts or architects
- Assist with the selection of features and finishes
- Assist with contract preparation and review
- Assist you in identifying construction and/or permanent financing, working with the appraiser to obtain the best value, finding you the best interest rates, points and lender options.
- Visit the construction site with you on a regular basis. If you are not able to visit, we can generate progress reports with descriptions, photos and video.
Our fees for these services are negotiable and will depend on the scope of work. We would be pleased to discuss them with you and provide a written proposal.
The NoCo New Home Team is committed to bringing you useful information, timely advice and expert service whenever you need it. Whether it’s Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, Greeley or anywhere in between, we’ve got Northern Colorado covered. Feel free to contact the NoCo New Home Team or subscribe to our newsletters and market reports. We’re always taking and responding to your questions and inquires!